Search Engine Marketing is one of the best ways to improve the visibility of an online store. Here are a few proven search engine marketing techniques to use:
Create keyword rich pages
Most marketers believe that keywords should only be used in titles and descriptions, which is wrong. Keywords should be used strategically across the website.
- Creatively use keywords on landing pages.
- Use keywords in anchor text and alt tags.
SEO friendly URLs
Many marketers are still unaware of the URL parameters. That is why, it is important to understand the rules and create SEO friendly URLs.
- Understand the structure of a URL (Hypertext Transfer Protocol, domain name, Subdirectory, file name)
- Use keywords in URLs.
- Avoid using stop words in URLs.
- Use small, easy-to-understand and static URLs.
- Study https://moz.com/learn/seo/url.
- Use URL rewriting modules.
Of course, a well-structured and designed website can make a huge difference. If your website is poorly designed, it will fail to attract audiences. Hence, pay attention to minor design details. You can get the most out of your website design, if your think creatively and innovatively.
- Use unique and professional templates.
- Take advantage of graphic design services.
- Pay special attention to home page design.
- Creatively showcase products.
- Minimise total number of elements to maintain page load speed.
Take advantage of free as well as paid business profile listings in order to increase your website’s visibility. You can also improve your website’s exposure through authentic websites such as Yelp. Both local business and profile listings are effective.
- Provide complete business details – address, phone number, hours of operation, etc.
- Choose the most appropriate business category.
- Describe your business in detail.
- Use quality images.
- Update your listings at regular intervals.
- Encourage customer to review your products/websites.
If you want to gain success in the digital marketing landscape, you need to embrace video marketing. It has its own advantages.
- Create short and interesting videos.
- Don’t forget to create a video sitemap.
- Create how-to videos and explainer videos.
- Relate your videos with your brand, services or products.
- Study – https://digitalmarketinginstitute.com/blog/5-secrets-super-successful-video-marketing.
Digital marketing experts can measure their sites’ traffic, conversion rate as well as rankings with the help of Google Analytics.
- Identify strong and weak performing pages.
- Set goals and monitor them.
- Review traffic sources and referrals.
Use search engine marketing techniques to gain success and lead your niche.