Search Engine History India
In past the available information was too small. the data that was available was restricted to an area , university , college, a Building . Finding an information is very difficult on internet. Crawling the web starts from 1994. Lycos and alta vista engines start in 1994. After that in 1997 larry page and sergey brin start Google..
- Google | Yahoo | MSN Three search engine sharing more than 80% of searches on the net
- Presently there are three major search engines Google, Yahoo and MSN .
- Spiders to Crawl the netSearch engine use spiders to crawl the web and then save that crawled page n to a database in their machine.
- What are spiders ?Spiders are the programms that follow links on the web to request pages that are changed from the last indexation or that are not yet indexed .
- What you are searching ?when you search on the search engine actually you are not searching the web but you are searching the search engine database that they have indexed that are slightly outdated .
Note : Since Search engines relies so heavily on keywords, the most important keywords and keyphrases should be used liberally in the first two paragraphs of the content of each page. Many sites are set up in formats that cannot be read by search engines, the content is effectively illegible or non-existent to the search engines. The site navigation is important to ensure that search engines can read, and rank, your entire site, not just the front page. This ensures your site is search engine compatible.